July 2, 2019- October 1, 2019 online
October 2-5, 2019 onsite
Location: Arkansas State Fair Complex
JULY 1 – OCTOBER 1 ENTRY ON-LINE OPEN
ALL ENTRIES WILL BE ON LINE, No Paper Entries: You will be able to enter your items on – line starting July 2nd. On – line entry will end at midnight October 1. When Entering on-line No Passes or Tags will be mailed they will be waiting for you on the Day you bring your items for Entry.
There will be no Paper Entries: If you need help please visit your local Extension Office. You will be able to bring your Entries to the Arts and Crafts Department on Entry Days and someone will be able to help you enter on-line you must have your Divisions and Classes written down and we will print your tags there. Please be aware that on-line entry will be faster, be prepared to wait if we help you enter on-line the day you bring your items on Entry Days.
The Arkansas Livestock Show Association / Arkansas State Fair does not accept Arts and Crafts items by mail. All Arts and Crafts items must be hand delivered.
PLEASE NOTE: Ribbons and other award items will be presented upon completion of judging the exhibit. Monetary awards and premium checks can be picked up when you pick up your items, unless otherwise stated by individual contest sponsors. Errors or lost checks must be reported no later than November 15th. No items on exhibit will be released until the designated time according to the schedule. Perishable foods and Special Cooking Contest items should be removed immediately following judging.
For assistance contact the State Fair Office at 501-372-8341 or email email@example.com
Special Contest Exhibitors
After Awards have been given out, contestants and staff members can sample each other food dishes and exchange recipes if the contestants would like to share
Please be respectful of others when sampling food items
Be sure to clean your area
2019 Creative Arts Exhibition Rules
- ELIGIBILITY – All Arkansas residents are welcome to participate. Items must be work of the exhibitor and completed since the 2018 State Fair. Group projects are not allowed in single classes. Exhibitor must be Amateurs NO professionals are allowed anyone making money for their services or selling their work).
- LOCATION – Exhibition will be in the Arkansas Farm Bureau Arts & Crafts Building on the State Fairgrounds.
- ENTRY METHOD – ONLINE ENTRY ONLY
- NUMBER of ENTRIES – Exhibitors may enter a total of fifteen (15) items, with the exception of Large Art and some photos please see this in the Divisions, the 15 does not include Live Special Contest. Entries are limited to one (1) item per class.
- ENTRY TAGS – will be held at the Arts and Crafts Building until Entry Days, no tags will be mailed out. Live Event tags can be picked up the day of Event or Entry Days
- PREP AREA – A large area will be available to exhibitors for attaching their tags on Entry Days. Exhibitors must submit their items under the guidance and care of the State Fair staff.
- CHECK IN – Items will be accepted on the days and times as scheduled. Entry tags should be attached to items using string, tape and/or pin as necessary the day of Entry which will be available. Photos and Artwork tags should be attached on the back side of the upper left corner to hang over the front. Claim checks at the bottom of the tag should be removed and retained by the person responsible for picking up the item. Permanently affixed names and/or identifying labels on articles must not be visible for judging. Do not mark or otherwise alter entry tags, unless instructed to do so by the Arkansas State Fair Staff. People delivering items for multiple exhibitors will be provided an identifying group code. No public viewing of articles prior to opening day of the State Fair. Items may be reclassified or refused at the discretion of management. It is intended that items on exhibit are a credit to both the exhibitor and this exposition. Please make sure your entry is in the right Division and Class so it will not be disqualified.
- ;JUDGING – Using the American judging system, exhibitor names are confidential; (Except for Poetry Exhibitors) items are grouped by class, compared to an accepted standard of perfection, and ranked accordingly. The Arkansas State Fair attempts to enlist judges regarded as expert in their field. In some cases, all potential places may not be awarded. This decision of the judge is final. All non-perishables in standard competition classes will be privately judged and arranged on display (as space permits) prior to opening day of the State Fair.
- FOODS – Youth, Junior Youth, Senior Youth and Adult Baked Foods and Special Contest entries require one copy of the recipe, without a name. Items will be grouped and publicly judged at the time, see the schedule for times and dates of these contest. All food items MUST be prepared at home. The ovens in the building are to be used to warm your food item or small prep is allowed because of travel. Food must be removed from ring following the contest.
- SPECIAL CONTEST - are public events held during open hours of the fair. There will be no late Entry in these Contest due to the fact this year your Entry numbers will be on the table for set up to enable the Judges to find your Entry in a much easier fashion than before, please find your number and set up next to it. Check – In and Registration will close promptly at the specified time. See the individual contest description pages in the “Special Contest” part of the Handbook. There will be a $5.00 entry fee per each Special Contest. This will be paid when you enter On-line, this will be for Adults and Youth.
- REMOVAL – All articles submitted for exhibition must remain on display throughout the length of the State Fair, unless otherwise specified. Items and ribbons may be picked up at the Arts & Crafts Building after the Fair closes, on the dates and times scheduled on page 3. The building is not staffed outside of these hours. Articles remaining after ten days become the property of ALSA and are subject to disposal.
- PREMIUMS – Monetary awards will be ready at pick up times unless otherwise noted. Any problems with monetary awards, placing or ribbons must be reported by November 15th by email to Artscrafts@ASFG.net only
- CONDITIONS – Entry to competition constitutes exhibitor/guardian permission to release of basic information and/or photos for publicity purposes. Recipes can be asked for by contest sponsor. Exhibitor assumes all tax liability on monetary awards resulting from competition. ASF staff, assistants, volunteers and judges make every effort to protect and care for the exhibitor’s property in our possession and on display, but will not be held responsible for accidental loss or damage. Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and sportsmanlike manner at all times. Those deemed in violation of exhibition rules or other inappropriate behavior will forfeit all privileges, prizes, monetary awards and be subject to such penalty as show management may order.
- INTERPRETATION – Arkansas Livestock Show Association - Arkansas State Fair management reserves the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and arbitrarily settle and determine all matters, questions and differences in regard thereto or otherwise arising out of, connected with, or incident to the Arkansas State Fair and Livestock Show; and the right to amend rules at any time as its judgment may determine.
Ribbons and Premiums
For all standard Adult and Youth category classes, 1st – 3rd Ribbons and Premiums will be awarded
First Place $5 | Second Place $4 | Best of Show” $5 will be awarded to Adult Category Classes Only
Exhibitor Group Definitions
Persons 19 years of age or older must enter as an Adult Exhibitor.
See the Adult Divisions in the Exhibitor Handbook.
NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 19 YEARS OLD MAY ENTER AS AN ADULT
Persons 14 through 18 years of age must enter as a Senior Youth Exhibitor.
See the Senior Youth Divisions in the Exhibitor Handbook.
NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 14 YEARS OLD OR OVER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS OLD MAY ENTER AS A SENIOR YOUTH
Persons 9 through 13 years of age and under must enter as a Junior Youth Exhibitor.
See the Youth Divisions in the Exhibitor Handbook.
NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 9 YEARS OLD OR OVER THE AGE OF 13 YEARS OLD MAY ENTER AS A JUNIOR YOUTH
Persons 5 through 8 years of age and under must enter as a Youth Exhibitor.
See the Youth Divisions in the Exhibitor Handbook.
NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 5 YEARS OLD OR OVER THE AGE OF 8 YEARS OLD MAY ENTER AS A YOUTH
People with Disabilities, will use Division and classes for the same appropriate age group: