The Arkansas Livestock Show Association, Inc., (ALSA) an Arkansas 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization and is also known as the Arkansas State Fair Complex. The Arkansas State Fair Complex is a place that provides many different venues for entertainment and education for the citizens of our great state.
The Arkansas State Fair Museum would like to feature your special memories from the past! We are in need of Arkansas State Fair photos, awards, show programs, livestock show equipment, creative arts tools, old farm equipment and tools, concert posters and ticket stubs.
For More Information on how you can become a part of this effort, please contact:
Arkansas State Fairgrounds
The mission of the ARKANSAS LIVESTOCK SHOW ASSOCIATION is to:
- Inform and educate about the Association’s heritage and its 501(c)not-for-profit status
- Conduct the annual Arkansas State Fair
- Operate the Arkansas State Fair Complex providing facilities for year round use
- Support youth and youth programs and development
- Provide educational opportunities focusing on agriculture, livestock and technology
The mission of the ARKANSAS STATE FAIR is to:
- Have an annual family oriented event offering a variety of entertainment and educational opportunities for all ages in a safe and clean environment
- Showcase Arkansas with a focus on agriculture, livestock, the arts, and technology
- Promote youth and youth development
From the desk of Doug White....
Dear Arkansas State Fair Exhibitors, Friends and Patrons:
We hope this message finds you and your families healthy.
Our State Fair is scheduled for October 16-25 here in Little Rock. What will the fair experience look like? How will new regulations affect logistics at our event? Believe me, we seek answers to these questions daily.
The Arkansas State Fair is the largest "event" in our great state, and our rich history of bringing families together in October has created a lifetime of memories for many of our patrons. Let me assure you that our team is planning on continuing that tradition, with the health and safety of our patrons and employees as our number one priority.
As the details continue to emerge on the recovery, both nationally and statewide, we will adjust where appropriate. We are investing in additional sanitation stations and are exploring ways where our livestock community can show animals in a safe manner. We are also preparing to follow guidelines and implement industry recommendations on patron screening at all Fair entrances.
We will keep you posted as to our plans and schedule. Your state fair board of directors will continue to evaluate other state fairs and carnivals and we will adapt accordingly.
For now, please focus on your family and your health. We will continue to work tirelessly to make your Arkansas State Fair a wonderful experience.
Stay tuned for additional updates. And THANK YOU for your support!
Doug White, General Manager